The original recipe is here at Allrecipes.
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup (2 sticks) soft butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Thoroughly combine the first 3 dry ingredients
- In a separate mixing bowl, using a mixer, cream butter and sugar until smooth and fluffy.
- Mix in egg and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients to the butter/creamy mixture, and mix until completely incorporated.
- Using a small cookie scoop or just a couple of tablespoons, place cookies 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. You may also roll the dough into balls by hand.
- Bake in preheated oven 8 - 10 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks.
The "I Don't Know How to Cook" Book: 300 Great Recipes You Can't Mess Up!