- 1 pound Spaghetti uncooked (a quarter sized round of spaghetti per person)
For the meatballs
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup potato chip crumbs (I like to use veggie chips at time and I used sweet potato chips this time around.)
- 1/2 large yellow onion chopped finely
- 1/2 green bell pepper chopped finely
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 clove fresh garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup taco sauce or salsa
- 1/8 cup honey mustard
For the sauce
- 1 - 18 ounce can Hunts tomato paste
- 16 ounces water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 green onions chopped (or as desired)
- 1/2 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 fresh clove of garlic minced
- 4-5 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 cup + sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 - 2 tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- Salt as needed
- 2-3 tablespoons vegetable oil, lard, or bacon grease (I use A LOT of bacon grease for that extra YUM)
Combine all prepared ingredients for the meatballs in a bowl.
Mix with your hands to thoroughly blend it all evenly.
Shape meat mixture into balls of desired size.
Place on baking sheet and bake in hot oven at 375 degrees F until browned and completely cooked through.
Set aside until your sauce is finished cooking.
In a medium sauce pan, heat vegetable oil, and saute onions, cilantro, garlic, green peppers and mushrooms until slightly translucent, tender but snappy. I sprinkle salt and pepper on these but didn't add the extra to the ingredients list.
Turn the heat down to low, and add meatballs to the sauce.
Simmer, covered with a lid 20 - 30 minutes.
Cook raw spaghetti according to package directions.
Serve meatballs and sauce over cooked noodles.