This is a simple recipe for chili thats packed with flavor. Vegetarian friendly. Simply omit the ground beef. Stove top, or crockpot. See what my secret ingredient is below.
- 2-3 pounds ground beef
- 1 - 6 pound can Dark red Kidney Beans NOT drained
- 2 - 15 ounce cans whole peeled tomatoes NOT drained
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 1 large green bell pepper diced
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder (I like to use the Hershy Special Dark Cocoa Powder when I have it)
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Louisana Spice Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes for a little heat (optional)
- Cayenne Pepper to taste for extra heat (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a stock pot or large kettle, brown ground beef with onions and bell peppers.
- Do not drain browned ground beef.
- Add the remaining ingredients but be sure not to drain canned goods. You will need that liquid in your chili.
- Cook on medium low heat for 2 hours, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking on the bottom.
- Use a crock pot on low if you want to start it in the morning and have it ready after work.
- Top each bowl with a bit of shredded cheese of your choice. I use sharp cheddar but grated parmesan is really really good too.
- Serve with homemade french bread or throw a few seasoned croutons on top to give you a crunch.