- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon sage
- Mix all ingredients and sift.
- Sprinkle your mixture as desired over your meat and rub or pat in to be sure it stays put.
- Cover your meat and refridgerate over night.
- Cook prepared meat in the oven covered or on the grill.
- Dont forget the barbecue sauce :-)
- Store rub in a dry, air tight container. (I use left over parmesan cheese shakers)
***Many chefs tell you that a rule of thumb when making dry rubs is to use 1/3 sugar, 1/3 salt, and 1/3 spice.