This recipe is one of those recipes that the family will ask for over and over. The casserole has plenty of room to add different veggies and meats according to your own tastes. This recipe offers a homemade recipe for biscuits, but you can use store bought biscuits just the same.
- 1 recipe biscuits (my biscuit recipe) You may use prepackaged biscuits as well.
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 pound cooked meat of choice. I used sausage.
- 2/3 cup diced green bell pepper
- 2/3 cup diced onion
- 1 cup + shredded cheddar cheese.
- Butter to rub the pan
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare biscuit mix.
- Thoroughly coat your pan with butter, margarine, or cooking spray.
- Drop spoonfulls of biscuit dough or cut biscuits evenly in bottom of prepared pan, leaving some space in between them all for egg mixture to bake around.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix eggs, milk, salt and pepper well.
- Add cooked meat, onions, and peppers to the egg and stir.
- Pour egg and meat mixture evenly over biscuit dough. It will completely cover the biscuits but they will rise up from it :-)
- Top with cheese and bake for about 30 minutes or until egg mixture is fully cooked. You will notice when it is cooked because it will dry and firm up in the center. I like to slightly brown my cheese.
- When the casserole is fully cooked, remove from the oven and let set for 10 minutes before serving.