This frosting has a very light orange tint to it from the pumpkin mash added. It is a great frosting/icing for any spice cake recipe and also enhances most other flavored cake, cupcake, or muffin you put it on.
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup pumpkin mash
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Beat butter, and shortening until well blended.
- Beat in pumpkin, sour cream, and vanilla.
- Add powdered sugar a bit at a time mixing thoroughly between each addition.
- Add milk and beat until smooth and creamy if it is thicker than you would like. You may omit the milk if the consistency is right for you.
***This frosting can remain at room temperature during parties or events but I would recommend refrigerating any left overs.