This Old Fashioned Pound cake is just like the pound cake grandma used to make. A subtle hint of vanilla and almond intensifies the buttery flavor, and the texture is just as perfect as it tastes!
Video tutorial below!
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 pound butter soft
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 c. milk (see video)
- Additional butter for coating pan(s)
- Additional flour for coating pan(s)
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F for bundt pan, or 350 degrees F for loaf pans.
- Coat your pan(s) with butter, then a thin layer of flour, and set aside.
- Be sure before you begin that your butter and eggs are at room temperature.
- Begin by mixing your butter and sugar until smooth and fluffy. I use a kitchenaid stand mixer and let it go for 3 - 5 minutes.
- Once your butter is fluffy, add eggs and extracts. Continue mixing until completely combined.
- Begin adding flour and milk, alternating a bit at a time while your mixer runs until all flour and milk is incorporated,smooth and creamy.
- Pour into pan(s) and spread top(s) evenly.
- Bake for an hour and 20 minutes for bundt pan or 45 minutes for loaf pans. The time may vary and is only a round estimated point to check with a toothpick to be sure it is done!
- After baking, let rest for 15 minutes, and remove from pan(s). Cool completely before icing if you choose to ice it!
- Icing would consist of powdered sugar and water with clear vanilla extract. I do mine a little thicker for a better drip off the cake!