This twist on fried chicken is amazing. The oat coating is crunchy and may just be your new favorite way to make chicken. Get the oat fried chicken recipe here.
- 6 -8 pieces of chicken. I used thighs.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cuup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons cracked black pepper
- 1 cup sourcream + splash of milk to extend
- oil to fry in
- Thoroughly mix together flour, oats, cornstarch, and seasonings. Pour onto a plate for coating.
- Mix sourcream and milk in shallow bowl.
- Wash and trim chicken clean. Pat dry.
- Coat each piece of chicken with sourcream
- Roll sourcream coated chicken in flour and oats, pressing it onto the chicken tightly and evenly.
- With hot oil in fry pan, cook the chicken on medium heat for about 20 minutes on each side. or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Lower the temperature a bit if your coating is browning too fast.
- Set on paper towels to drain grease.
This recipe also attended these Blog Hops and Link Parties: