Italian Farro Mushroom Risotto doesn't get creamy the way rice would, but it is perfect as is with the addition of parmesan cheese and seasonings.
- 2 cups Italian Pearled Farro
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1 cup diced bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon sweet basil
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon celery leaves
- 1 - 6 ounce packet Chef's Advantage, Mushrooms Dinner Solutions (or 6 ounces mushroom gravy)
- 1 cup grated parmesan (I used shredded but its creamier with grated)
- Water (about 2 quarts. Add more as needed)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, bring mushrooms to a boil and remove from heat. Cover and let cool there.
- Remove the mushrooms from the liquid in the pot, and set them aside.
- Add farro to mushroom liquid with salt if desired, and boil for about 15-20 minutes until farro is chewy tender.
- In a separate pan on medium high heat, melt butter, adding onions, bell pepper and mushrooms. Sautee until carmelized.
- Leaving a bit of liquid in the farrow, add onion, mushroom mixture, and seasonings to the farro pot and allow it to simmer 15 minutes to blend flavors. Be sure there is enough liquid or moisture in it so that it does not burn or dry out.
- Add grated parmesan, stirring until completely combined and creamy. You can add a bit of butter for added creaminess if you like.
- Add Chefs Advantage Mushroom dinner solutions packet and stir.
- Salt and pepper to your own tastes.
- Serve hot.
This recipe also attended: