Follow me on Pinterest

Friday, April 26, 2013

Ham, Potato and Corn Soup

Yield: 3- 4 bowls depending on appetites

Usually when I think of ham, potato, or corn soups, I think chowder. Not this time though. I started out with the intentions of a creamy chowder, but as the potatoes, veggies and ham simmered, I decided that I was more interested in a clear, brothy soup tonight.











Ingredients:

  • 1 extra large potato or a couple of smaller ones. About 2 cups diced.
  • 1 tablespoon dried celery flakes or fresh celery stalk cut into bite sized pieces (I intended on chowder at first so I used the dry flakes)
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1 cup whole kernel sweet corn (I used frozen)
  • 1 1/2 cups diced ham
  • Water -enough to keep ingredients covered with broth.
  • Salt and pepper to taste


Directions:
Add all ingredients and simmer about an hour.
Add extra water as needed to keep it "soupy"
Add any other veggies to it as well. I was looking for simple soup and this was perfect for simple and light.
Serve hot with french baguette

I want this orange pan...I want the whole orange set!


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...