- 2 cups dark red kidney beans with liquid from cooking (canned is fine)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 - 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Baked potatoes
- 1 tablespoon ricotta cheese per baked potato
- 2 teaspoons butter per baked potato
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Shredded parmesan for an extra bite!
- Sour cream and chives if desired
Cook ground beef in fry pan until browned. Add onion and bell pepper a little bit before the ground beef is fully cooked.
Add the kidney beans to a medium saucepan with enough of the juices the beans were cooked in or if you are using canned, don't drain.
Add the ground beef and the remainder of the chili ingredients to the saucepan.
Allow to simmer covered for 30 minutes.
While the chili is simmering, wash your potatoes, poke holes in each one with a fork and bake in a 400 degree F oven until they are tender to touch and have a crisp dried skin.
Cut a slash in the tops long ways to expose the potato but not all the way around.
Generously add a healthy ladle of chili over the potatoes, and top off again with shredded cheeses.
You may also use sour cream which is pictured here!