- 2+ cups flour
- 1/2 pound ricotta cheese
- 1/2 pound soft goat cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan - shredded or grated (I used shredded)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon basil
- boiling salt water
- Add cheeses to mixing bowl with olive oil, egg, cracked pepper and basil.
- Mix well.
- Add flour a little at a time, stirring completely with each addition until your dough is not too sticky to handle.
- Turn dough out of bowl onto a floured work surface.
- Knead more flour into it until you are able to roll a rope shape in your hands.
- Cut into 5 or 6 equal pieces.
- Roll each piece into a 1/2 inch or so rope. Try to keep them all the same size.
- Line up your ropes side by side and cut them into 1 inch pieces.
- Be sure you keep everything floured or it will all stick together.
- Once the ropes are all cut into pieces, dimple each piece on each side with your finger or a fork. I like to use my shell tool as you see in the video.
- When you are ready to cook them, drop them into a pot of boiling salt water.
- Remove from water and drain as soon as they start floating.
- Serve with your favorite sauce over them.
***You can also add them to soups and stews instead of just the water, but be sure you are at the end of cooking your soup so that they dont cook too long.
***I never use them all at once, so I freeze them separated on a baking sheet, and once they are fully frozen, I put them in freezer baggies. If you try to put them into baggies to freeze together...they will freeze in a clump so be sure to freeze them on a sheet first.