This fish and veggie burger is loaded with the healthy flavors of fish and veggies. It has fish sticks ground into it with lots of stir fry veggies ground with it and the perfect blend of seasonings that make it a tender and tasty bite on a roll or on its own. A must try for everyone!
- 15-20 frozen breaded fish sticks
- 4 cups stir fry veggies
- 1/2 cup goats milk cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup cornstarch or flour plus extra to coat
- 2 tablespoons dried onions - fresh if you have them, I didn't
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 tablesppon liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil or more to fry in
The stir fry veggies I used consisted of broccoli spears, pea pods, carrots, peppers, baby corn cobs (not sure of the name) and water chestnuts.
Shred or grind the veggies and fish sticks in a food processor.
Place in large mixing bowl.
Add the remainder of ingredients except the olive oil, and combine thoroughly with a spoon or using your hands.
Heat olive oil on medium high heat in a fry pan.
With your hands dusted with cornstarch, form patties with the mixture.
Dust each side of the patty with a good amount of cornstarch. It helps hold it together and puts a crisp coating on it.
Place your patties in the hot olive oil, cooking until browned on each side.
Turn patties over carefully as they are delicate.
Set on paper towel to drain grease off.
Serve on a roll with mayonnaise infused with a bit of cayenne pepper and lettuce if desired.