Baguette bread is always welcomed no matter what the meal. The crispy crust surrounds a chewy bread and its hard not to eat an entire loaf to yourself!
Video recipe below!
- 6 cups flour
- 2 cups hot water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Add water to large mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle yeast over water.
- Add sugar and salt. Stir.
- Add half the flour and stir until completely combined.
- Add another cup of flour and pour out onto work surface.
- Knead until all flour is worked into dough.
- Grease large bowl and place dough into it.
- Cover bowl and let rise in warm place about an hour or doubled in bulk.
- After dough rises, return it to your work surface and punch down.
- Let rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut 3 equal pieces of dough.
- Shape each into a long skinny loaf.
- Slash loaves with a few diagonal cuts if you wish.
- Turn oven on to 375 degrees F.
- Place a pan of hot water in the oven on the lower rack for steam.
- Lightly grease sheet pans and leave loaves to rise 20 - 30 minutes covered with a damp clean towel or plastic wrap.
- DO NOT BRUSH LOAVES with anything, the cover should keep the loaves from drying. Or, you can spritz them with water which gives a crispy crust and chewy center.
- Bake for about 30 minutes. Loaves should be golden brown and hollow when tapped.
Subscribe to my YouTube channel!