This is an interesting, but very flavorful cake made from seafood, namely catfish and crab with black beans and seasoning. The texture is great too!
- 2 1/2 cups Self rising flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup veggie broth (water works too)
- 1 c. cooked black beans
- 2 eggs
- 1 T. basil
- 1 T. Parsley
- 1 T. chives
- 1 t. season salt
- 1 t. red pepper flakes
- 2 t. cayenne pepper
- 2 t. cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups fish, crab, or other seafood (I used catfish and crab)
- 1 cup veggies of your choice (I used a stir fry mix)
In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly mix the first 12 ingredients until you get a cake batter consistency.
***You may need to add a bit or extra flour or liquid depending on the consistency.
Add seafood and veggies to the batter.
Pour mixture into desired sized, greased baking dish. I used 2 - 9" round cake pans.
***I also topped mine with shredded cheddar half way through baking!
Bake at 350 degrees F. for 40-50 minutes. Test it like you would test a cake!
Slice warm cakes into wedges and serve warm as a side dish or a snack.