This recipe for collard greens uses pork neck bones. Most of the time, I use pork hocks or ox tails for my greens, but the neck bones were just perfect too!
- 10 ounces smoked pork neck bones
- 2 lb. fresh collard greens or 1 lb. frozen
- 1 cups black beans soaked and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Enough water to keep ingredients covered during cooking (Nice broth)
Using a large kettle on the stove top, or a crock pot, add all ingredients and allow to cook on medium heat for a few hours or better yet, all day. I like to use the crock pot so I don't have to watch it and it cooks in its own juices all day.
The meat will fall from the bones in this savory green stew!
This recipe is even better the second time around as left overs!