This recipe is healthy and kids love it as much as adults. It has nuts, dried fruits, oats, and honey which are all beneficial and healthy additions to any snack. These are soft and crunchy and can be made in a larger pan for granola mix instead of bars.
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup milk (omit the milk if you want them dryer and crunchy!)
- 1 cup nuts (I used whole almonds)
- 1/2 cup chocolate or peanut butter chips (I use chocolate)
- 1/2 cup raisins or other dried fruit
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
|This is what it will look like before baking.|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, combine brown sugar, butter, vanilla and egg. Mix well.
- Stir in milk and the remainder of ingredients.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9"x9" baking pan and press/smooth level.
- Bake 30 - 40 minutes or until it sets/dries to your tastes.
Cool completely before cutting.
Cut into 9 squares! Whole nuts make it a bit difficult but it is well worth it :)
If you want to slow the browning down, simply place a piece of aluminum foil loosely on top of the bars after its as brown as you like.