Yield: About 2 cups of curd
This lemon curd recipe may be used for cakes, pies, or any other desert. Easy swaps of water and lemon juice are successful for changing the strength of lemon flavor. This recipe is very lemony as is!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Corn Starch
- 1-1/4 cups cold water
- 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons Grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Combine 1 cup sugar and corn starch in medium saucepan.
- Gradually stir in water and lemon juice until smooth.
- Stir in egg yolks and lemon peel.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened. Be patient, it will take a bit!
- Remove from heat and stir in butter. The curd will thicken even more as it cools so keep that in mind when you are cooking to desired thickness.
- Place plastic wrap directly on top of curd to avoid the skin that covers it with air exposure.
- Refrigerate until completely cold.
- Beat with mixer to loosen it up when you are ready to use!