This batter fried zucchini recipe is perfectly seasoned using old bay seasoning, but you can use any seasoning you desire. They come out crisp and delicious every time. Use this batter with any veggies the same way!
- 4- 6 Zucchini's sliced into 1/2" slices or french fried
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 - 1 cup water
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon old bay seasoning or salt and pepper to taste
- oil for frying
- In a medium mixing bowl, add flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and seasoning. Mix well.
- Beat egg with water and add to dry ingredients, mixing thoroughly with a whisk.
- Dip zucchini slices into batter and place in hot grease to fry.
- Fry each side of zucchini until brown, turning to brown each side.
- Be sure you do not crowd pan while frying and add each slice one by one to avoid them clumping together.
- Remove from grease and place on paper towels to absorb grease.
- Salt if desired and serve with your favorite blue cheese or veggie dip!