Follow me on Pinterest

Monday, January 21, 2013

Chicken and Dumplings- Dumpling Recipe

This recipe will focus on the dumplings because this time around, I used left overs that I had frozen from meat pies done a week ago instead of doing a new batch of soups and gravies. I don't like to waste things, so I freeze many left overs and recreate them with another, different meal.

I apologize for the sideways photos. They are straight on my computer and turn once I upload them. If you know how to change this, please share!

These dumplings are great in any soup, stew, chili or gravy. I like to do them on the stove top, in the crock pot, or in a covered oven roaster. If you cook them in the oven, uncovered, they will be more like biscuits on top and dumplings where they were submerged in liquid.


Ingredients:

3 cups self-rising flour
½ cup sour cream
½ cup milk
1 ½ teaspoon salt
      
Directions:

Place flour and salt in large mixing bowl
Combine milk and sour cream in separate bowl and mix well.
Pour milk mixture into flour mixture and stir until evenly mixed soft dough forms.
Drop by spoonful’s onto soups, stews, or gravies. Cover and soft boil about 10-15 minutes until dumplings swell and have a dry bread texture on the inside. 
I added parsley to the top towards the end of cooking, for some color and flavor!


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...